YWAM Arctic Mercy is part of the YWAM International global family of ministries. For more information about the organization as a whole, please click here. The following information and our statement of faith apply specifically to our operating location in Homer, Alaska.
We desire to be radically believing, faith filled followers of Jesus Christ, to walk in transparency and humility with our Creator and others and to build a relationship with Jesus out of which all else flows.
With times for worship, intercession, teaching and bible study, building our relationship with Jesus comes first. Everything we do is to be done out of our joy and realization that God is caring beyond our comprehension, passionate about our partnering with Him and capable of guiding us into a life that is incredibly fulfilling.
We must master communing with God before we embrace His commission. There is a building marriage of intercession and worship with mission that is bringing radical change to the way mission is done.
What we long for…
- The life-transforming power of Jesus Christ brought into communities spanning the Pacific Rim region and on into the world.
- That each student coming to YWAM Arctic Mercy receives the best teaching, training and opportunities available to help them discover their role in the Great Commission.
- Teams of people traveling by Marine Reach vessels to rural communities facilitating building projects that foster relationships and serve the community.
- Staff and students to advance in leadership by giving them opportunity to follow God’s prompting in their lives and encourage them to boldly believe in God in ways that are far beyond their expectation.
- Enjoying the presence of God in every aspect of worship, intercession and relationships
- Providing opportunities for those who have gone into YWAM once they have returned home, to continue their personal growth, service to and journey with God.
What We Believe – Our Statement of Faith
Youth With A Mission (YWAM) is an international movement of Christians from many denominations dedicated to presenting Jesus personally to this generation, to mobilizing as many as possible to help in this task, and to training and equipping believers for their part in fulfilling the Great Commission. As citizens of God’s Kingdom, we are called to love, worship and obey our Lord, to love His Body, the Church, and to present the whole Gospel for the whole person throughout the whole world.
We of Youth With A Mission believe that the Bible is God’s inspired and authoritative word, revealing that Jesus Christ is God’s son; that people are created in God’s image; that He created us to have eternal life through Jesus Christ; that although all people have sinned and come short of God’s glory, God has made salvation possible through the death on the cross and resurrection of Jesus Christ; that repentance, faith, love and obedience are fitting responses to God’s initiative of grace toward us; that God desires all people to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth; and that the Holy Spirit’s power is demonstrated in and through us for the accomplishment of Christ’s last commandment,
“Go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature.”